Our Local Development Strategy is the guiding document over what Outer Hebrides LEADER can and cannot fund, so it is important you are familiar with the document, particularly the objectives and LEADER interventions listed.
Outer Hebrides LEADER and EMFF 2014-2020 Local Development Strategy.
OH LAG have also prepared a Harris Tweed and a Tourism Policy showing specific restrictions or targeted activities in these areas: 2014-2020 LAG Policies .
Photograph courtesy of Lochside Arena, supported by the OH LEADER 2007-2013 Programme
- Properly Constituted Community and Voluntary Organisations and Social Enterprises
- Private Individuals (Including Self Employed)
- Public Bodies
- Micro and Small Enterprises
- Local Action Group Members
Applicants must also meet the following criteria:
- Project is located within the LAG area
- Project can evidence that equal opportunity policies are in place and that the project is designed to be inclusive of all individuals and social groups
- The project will bring community benefit through environmental, social or economic additionality
- Project will assist the LAG in implementation of the Local Development Strategy and relates to at least one of the strategic priorities in the Strategy
- Project confirms compliance with funding restrictions under LEADER
- Project is innovative
- Amount of match funding available from other sources, i.e. leverage
- Project can prove that value for money is being obtained from grant funding
- Professional fees
- Site preparation
- External services
- Internal services
- Environmental improvements and enhancements
- Feasibility studies
- Staffing costs for personnel directly engaged in a LEADER project (Including Salaries, Travel Costs, Recruitment and Subsistence)
- Premises Costs
- Office Costs
- Participant and Volunteer Costs
- Marketing costs relevant to the project
- Non-Recoverable VAT
- Purchase of Equipment, Fixtures and Fittings related to the eligible project
- Improving Land (Landscaping, Playgrounds)
- Altering, Refurbishing or Extending a building owned or leased by Applicant
- Constructing a new building
- Purchase of Vehicles
- Arts and Monuments
- Residential Accommodation funded by a Community Trust
- Financial Charges Including: Accounting Costs, Bank Charges on Accounts and Other Financial Charges (i.e. Credit Card Charges), Costs of Guarantees provided by Banks or other financial institution, Debit Interest and transaction charges, Loan Charges, Service Charges (Leases and Hire Purchase), Costs for winding up companies, Bad Debts, Fines
- Ineligible Staff Costs: Statutory Maternity, Paternity, Adoption or Sick Pay, Payments for unfunded Pensions, Redundancy Payments, Commission and Bonus Payments
- Existing/ongoing core staff costs are ineligible for LEADER funding
- Activities which are statutory obligations of regional corporate bodies (SEPA, SNH etc)
- Prize money
- Any activities which are eligible for funding from another scheme within the Scottish Rural Development Programme (SRDP).
- Any activities already part supported by EU funding.
- Ongoing running costs of your organisation or business.
- Routine maintenance and repairs.
- Expenditure committed to or incurred before your grant has been awarded (offer letter signed and returned).
- Recoverable VAT.
- In-kind costs.
- Improvements to buildings as a requirement of changes to legislation e.g. Disability Discrimination Act.
- Any actions already being funded by European Structural Funds under other Programmes or other European Union-funded initiatives.
- Hire purchase, extended credit agreements and finance leases for capital purchases.
- Animals and Livestock
- Purchase of Land or Existing Buildings
- Hire Purchase, Credit Agreements and Financial Leases for Capital Purchases