ORGANISATION // Uig Lodge Lettings
PROJECT // Uig Lodge Restaurant
TOTAL PROJECT COST // £523,925
LEADER FUNDING PROVIDED // £125,000
With support from LEADER and HIE, Uig Lodge will expand their existing tourist operation through:
• Establish a new restaurant in Uig overlooking Uig Bay on the Isle of Lewis.
• It will be a new build on land currently owned by Uig Lodge.
• 50 covers capacity, serving speciality seafood and local / Hebridean food.
• Open 10am – 11pm during peak season with reduced opening during the off season
• Licensed bar.
• Informal ‘ beach shack’ feel serving excellent food at good value
• It will employ 5 staff building up to 10 over 3 years, including a highly trained chef.
• Establish an adjoined shop to sell specialist local goods, targeted at visitors. These will include local craft products and also provide a further outlet for the smokery product.
• Establish a chef school to train 10 chefs per annum.