This is a Co-Operation project between the Outer Hebrides, Shetland and Orkney Local Action Groups.
The main aims and objectives of this new project are:
- To highlight the historical links between the Islands whilst exploring the modern-day similarities and differences through the creation of a programme of cultural events.
- To create a physical body of work that can be shared though-out the island groups in the form of exhibitions and archive film materials.
- To provide a supporting artistic, education and outreach programme.
- To celebrate and enhance the distinctiveness of the Islands, highlighting history and heritage, whilst promoting the work of established and emerging creatives.
- To establish and encourage collaborative working, and the sharing of skills and resources.
- To raise the profile of the arts and heritage sector as a major asset to each region.
- To support the economic development of the creative industries through the creation of work and opportunities.
- To establish an online resource, which will collectively promote both the cultural heritage of the Islands and the bank of skilled arts practitioners who live and work there.